How to perform a Dead Bug Alternating Arm Reach with TurnFit Personal Trainers and guest Kennedy Hindley
This exercise adds a bit of complexity to supine diaphragmatic breathing. This core exercise helps build the foundation for good form while we are moving. This is an excellent exercise for runners.
1. Lie on your back on a flat surface with your head comfortably elevated.
2. Lift your bent legs until your knees are in line with your hips. Lift your arms until they are at a right angle with the floor with your hands over your shoulders.
3. Tuck in your chin and lift your head off the ground so our eyes are looking at our feet.
4. Use diaphragmatic breathing and slowly reach one arm behind you until it aligns with your ear. Keep your back on the ground.
5. Return your arm to the starting position.
6. Repeat with alternating arms.
NOTE: Keep your back flat on the ground. There will be a tendency to arch the back as you lift your legs. Let your abdominal do the work, rather than your back.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!
Connect with us: