How to Perform a Tall Kneeling Pallof Press with TurnFit Personal Trainers and Guest Kennedy Hindley
This exercise helps stabilize your core. It is a full body exercise that prevents rotation. Think of rotation as an unwanted force such as when you are carrying two bags where one is heavier than the other. If your body is strong, you can handle the weight difference without injuring yourself or feeling any pain or soreness.
1. Loop a resistance band around a pole or squat rack. Feet shoulder width apart. Stand straight but do not lock your knees.
2. Begin by kneeling parallel to where you anchored your resistance band, knees hip-width apart.
3. Grasp your band in both hands at chest level.
4. Brace your core, keeping your spine straight, and press the band in front of your chest.
5. Hold for a beat, arms fully extended.
6. Return your hands to your chest.
7. This counts as one rep. Repeat.
8. Turn and do the same facing the other direction.
NOTE: Do not allow yourself to rotate during this exercise. Keep your hands straight. Do not allow them to give in to the band. Keep your hips and shoulders facing forward.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!
Connect with us: