How to Perform a Kneeling Push Up Shoulder Tap with TurnFit Personal Trainers and Guest Kennedy Hindley
Push ups are an amazing upper body exercise to strengthen your arms, shoulders and core. Kneeling push ups are the same motion but lower the load on your body. This makes it an effective and safe exercise. Adding a shoulder tap challenges your core stability, helping with posture and function.
1. From your knees, place your hands on the ground, shoulder width apart.
2. Check to ensure your spine is neutral and forms one line from tailbone to head.
3. Lower your torso to the ground until your elbows form a 90 degree angle. Maintain a neutral alignment with your spine.
4. Push your back up with the palms of your hands.
5. Repeat the push up but as you rise tap left hand on right shoulder. Keep abs tight throughout and avoid the torso “tipping” to the side as you tap.
NOTE: Ensure that you do not arch or round your back. Also keep your head aligned with your body. Do you let your chin dip or tilt up.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!
Connect with us:
————————————————————————————– LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU Subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials! ————————————————————————————– Train anywhere, any time.
Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ————————————————————————————– Connect with us:
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/TurnFitPersonalTrainers/ WEBSITE: https://turnfit.ca/
EMAIL: info(at)turnfit.ca PHONE: 778.887.0660