How to Perform a Half Kneeling Pallof Press with TurnFit Personal Trainers and Guest Kennedy Hindley
This exercise helps stabilize your core with the added challenge of being in a half kneeling position. It is a full body exercise that prevents rotation. Think of rotation as an unwanted force such as when you are carrying two bags where one is heavier than the other. If your body is strong, you can handle the weight difference without injuring yourself or feeling any pain or soreness.
1. Loop a resistance band around a pole or squat rack. Feet shoulder width apart. Stand straight but do not lock your knees.
2. Stand at a distance where the band is taut, grasping it in both hands at your chest.
3. Begin in a half-kneeling position to right side of anchor point of a resistance band.
4. Bring left leg forward with knee bent 90° and back knee on floor directly under hips. In other words, the leg furthest from the anchor point should be bent at 90°.
5. Hold the resistance band in front of you close to body with some tension on the band.
7. Keeping abs tight, extend arms forward.
8. Bring hands back toward chest.
9. This counts as one rep. Repeat.
6. Turn and do the same facing the other direction.
NOTE: Do not allow yourself to rotate during this exercise. Keep your hands straight. Do not allow them to give in to the band. Keep your hips and shoulders facing forward.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!