How to perform a Standing Banded Pallof Press with TurnFit Personal Trainers and Guest Kennedy Hindley
This exercise helps stabilize your core. It is a full body exercise that prevents rotation. Think of rotation as an unwanted force such as when you are carrying two bags where one is heavier than the other. If your body is strong, you can handle the weight difference without injuring yourself or feeling any pain or soreness.
1. Loop a resistance band around a pole or squat rack, at waist level. Feet shoulder width apart. Stand straight but do not lock your knees.
2. Stand at a distance where the band is taut, grasping it in both hands at your chest.
3. Press your hands out in front of you, keeping it at chest level, bracing your core.
4. Hold for a few seconds, then bring your hands back to your chest.
5. This counts as one rep. Repeat.
6. Turn and do the same facing the other direction.
NOTE: Do not allow yourself to rotate during this exercise. Keep your hands straight. Do not allow them to give in to the band. Keep your hips and shoulders facing forward.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU —————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!
Connect with us: