How to Perform a Incline Dumbbell Press with TurnFit Personal Trainers and Guest Kennedy Hindley
A dumbbell press focusses on your chest muscles (pectoral muscles). Using an incline press your focus more on the upper chest muscles and also engage the shoulders somewhat.
1. Lie back on an incline bench with a dumbbell in each hand atop your thighs. The palms of your hands will be facing each other.
2. Using your thighs to help push the dumbbells up, lift the dumbbells one at a time so that you can hold them at shoulder width.
3. Once you have the dumbbells raised to shoulder width, rotate your wrists forward so that the palms of your hands are facing away from you. This will be your starting position. Be sure to keep full control of the dumbbells at all times.
4. Breathe out and push the dumbbells up with your chest.
5. Lock your arms at the top, hold for a second, and then start slowly lowering the weight.
7. When you are done, place the dumbbells back on your thighs and then on the floor. This is the safest manner to release the dumbbells.
NOTE: Ideally, lowering the weights should take about twice as long as raising them. Keep your wrists straight. If they bend, check your range of motion in your shoulder, as your wrists may be trying to compensate.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!