How to Perform a Dead Bug Lateral Pallof Press with TurnFit Personal Trainers and Guest Kennedy Hindley
This exercise will help strengthen and stabilize your core, engaging each side of your core. By keeping your lower back on the ground you are minimizing pressure on the back.
1. Loop the midpoint of a resistance band around a pole or squat rack, about 2-3 feet off the ground.
2. Lie on your back 2 or 3 feet from and facing sideways (lateral) to the anchor point of the band, and clasp your hands together around the band. Arms bent hold the band right next to your rib cage.
3. Make sure you have a neutral alignment of your spine along the ground. Breathe, drawing air into your lower abdomen.
4. Raise your legs so that your hips and knees are both bent 90 degrees. .
5. Press your arms away from your rib cage. Keep your back in contact with the ground.
6. Move your arms back down.
8. Face the other way and repeat.
NOTE: During this contralateral movement, think about moving your arms back and forward in the middle of the shoulders without rotation.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!