How to perform Supine Posterior Pelvic Tilt With Band with TurnFit Personal Trainers and guest Kennedy Hindley
Part of a good core stabilization program, this exercise helps improve your posture. If you sit a lot, this will help you realign your pelvis to stop slouching when you both sit and stand.
1. Lie on your back on a flat surface with your knees bent and your head supported. Put a band around your ankles.
2. Lift your bent legs until your knees are in line with your hips.
3. Pull your feet apart to engage your glutes.
4. Breathe in slowly through your nose so that your stomach rises, not your chest.
5. Pull your pelvis back so your knees move toward your chest, just a few inches. You should feel your lower abdominal wall engage.
6. Slowly go back to neutral.
NOTE: Keep your back flat on the ground. There will be a tendency to arch the back as you lift your legs. Let your abdominal do the work, rather than your back.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!