How to Perform a Kneeling Side Plank March with TurnFit Personal Trainers and Guest Kennedy Hindley
This exercise is a variation of the side plank. It is a great exercise to work your core, hips, shoulders, and back.
1. Lie on your right side on an exercise mat with your left leg lying directly over your right leg and bend your knees to a comfortable position.
2. Raise your upper body to support yourself on your right arm, your right elbow should bend to 90 degrees and be positioned directly under your shoulder.
3. Align your head with your spine and keep your hips and lower knee in contact with the exercise mat.
4. Exhale, gently contract your abdominal/core muscles to stiffen your spine and lift your hips off the mat, but keeping contact with your knee, and head aligned with your spine.
5. Bring your bottom knee toward your chest, and hold for two seconds.
6. Return to starting position.
NOTE: Do not sway forward or backward or let the rib cage sag while marching in this position.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!
Connect with us: