How to perform a Dead Bug Pallof Press with TurnFit Personal Trainers and Guest Kennedy Hindley
The Pallof Press trains the core muscles to resist rotation. By keeping out of rotation during these Pallof progressions, you engage your core, and your nervous system induces a reflex response that encourages you to pull your rib cage down and in.
1. Loop the midpoint of a resistance band around a pole or squat rack, about 2-3 feet off the ground.
2. Lie on your back 2 or 3 feet from and facing away from the anchor point of the band, and clasp your hands together around the band. Arms bent hold the band right next to your rib cage.
3. Make sure you have a neutral alignment of your spine along the ground. Breathe, drawing air into your lower abdomen.
4. Raise your legs so that your hips and knees are both bent 90 degrees. .
5. Press your arms away from your rib cage. Keep your back in contact with the ground.
6. Move your arms back down.
NOTE: Do not move your body side to side. Resisting rotation (anti-rotation) is the key. There is an isometric core contraction requirement with concentric and eccentric limb movements, and the directional force vectors, which can vary.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!
Connect with us: