How to Perform a Kneeling Side Plank Hip Abduction with TurnFit Personal Trainers
This exercise is a variation of the side plank. It is a great exercise to work both your obliques and your glutes. With this you are working toward a both great abs and booty!
1. Lie on your right side on an exercise mat with your left leg lying directly over your right leg and bend your knees to a comfortable position.
2. Raise your upper body to support yourself on your right arm, your right elbow should bend to 90 degrees and be positioned directly under your shoulder.
3. Align your head with your spine and keep your hips and lower knee in contact with the exercise mat.
4. Exhale, gently contract your abdominal/core muscles to stiffen your spine and lift your hips off the mat, but keeping contact with your knee, and head aligned with your spine.
5. While maintaining a side plank, lift your top leg up and down while keeping a neutral alignment between the shoulders, spine, hips, knees and ankles.
NOTE: It is important to maintain a neutral spine and to continue breathing while holding your plank.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!