How to Perform a Split Squat Pallof Press from TurnFit Personal Trainers and Guest Kennedy Hindley
This exercise helps stabilize your core with the added challenge of holding a split squat. It is a full body exercise that prevents rotation. Think of rotation as an unwanted force such as when you are carrying two bags where one is heavier than the other. If your body is strong, you can handle the weight difference without injuring yourself or feeling any pain or soreness.
1. Loop a resistance band around a pole or squat rack, at waist level. Feet shoulder width apart. Stand straight but do not lock your knees.
2. Stand at a distance where the band is taut, grasping it in both hands at your chest.
3. Hold the band at chest height and step back into a split squat stance with the feet slightly wider than hip width.
4. Press your hands out in front of you, keeping it at chest level, bracing your core. As you do so exhale.
5. Hold for a few seconds, then bring your hands back to your chest, inhaling as you return to starting position.
6. This counts as one rep. Repeat.
7. Turn and do the same facing the other direction.
NOTE: Do not allow yourself to rotate during this exercise. Keep your hands straight. Do not allow them to give in to the band. Keep your hips and shoulders facing forward.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ———————————–
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!