How to perform a Band Resisted Dead Bug with TurnFit Personal Trainers and guest Kennedy Hindley
This exercise will help strengthen and stabilize your core and is a great way to add resistance to a dead bug.
1. Loop the midpoint of a resistance band (one with a handle at each end) around a pole or squat rack, about 2-3 feet off the ground.
2. Lie on your back 2 or 3 feet from and facing away from the anchor point of the band, a handle of the band in each hand, with your hands shoulder width apart. Make sure to lower your ribs into the floor.
3. Raise your legs so that your hips and knees are both bent 90 degrees. Your back should be naturally curved, your hips and upper back touching the floor with a slight arch in your low back.
4. Keep your shoulders pressed into the ground and raise your arms so that they’re perfectly vertical and in line with your shoulders. The band should be taut, “pulling” your arms back toward the anchor point.
5. Hold this position while maintaining your alignment.
——————————- LEARN HOW TO LIVE A HAPPIER & HEALTHIER YOU ——————————
*** Try our app, first month FREE: https://turnfit.ca/online-training/ ***
Train anywhere, any time.
Plus subscribe so that you don’t miss any of our tutorials!
Connect with us: